Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Why should you seek the services of a wedding planner
When you make the decision to get married and start to plan a wedding, many different emotional baggage make their appearance – some expected and some not. There is love, happiness, excitement, fear, joy, and the real biggie – stress.
A wedding planner is the recommended cure for pre-wedding day stress. An organized and reliable wedding planner can whisk away the problems of getting the wedding done right and having everything ready at the right time and place.
What does a wedding planner do?
A wedding planner can do as much or as little as you wish. What you want him or her to do depends upon two things — your budget and how much you want to be involved. The following is a partial listing of a wedding planner’s commitments and how (s)he can make your life a lot easier.
• Assist you to set a budget and keep to it to check out the best quotes for everything you need
• Guide you on wedding etiquette
• Set a timetable for everything that needs to be rented – the wedding and reception venues, the band or DJ, the florist, the photographer, the videographer, men’s wedding attire, limo service
• Set a timetable for when everything needs to be ordered – the flowers, the rental equipment, the cake, the gifts for the bridal party, wedding invites
• Handle all vendor contractual agreements
• Organize the wedding and reception timetable
• Organize vendor delivery times
• Help you to obtain the officiant of your choice
• Take care of the engagement and wedding announcements in your local newspaper(s)
• Assist you with choosing your wedding colors and making sure all wedding décor colors complement each other
• Help you and your bridal party shop for your wedding attire and accessories
• Coordinate flower setting at the wedding and reception venues
• Coordinate the placement of reception table set-up
• Give referrals for make-up artists and hair stylists
• Helps coordinate the wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner
• Coordinate return of rentals and deposits
Choosing a wedding planner
When looking for a wedding planner, the best resources are your pals and loved ones. If they don't know of any, speak to various wedding planners and look at their qualities and recommendations. Find out how long they have been in the industry and if they have a list of references. Here are some other questions to consider.
• Do they listen to what you want?
• Do they seem bossy?
• Do they return your calls punctually?
• Do you like their ideas and taste?
• Do you think you will get along well with each other?
• Do they appear to be excellent negotiators and problem solvers?
• What is the cost and how is it computed?
• Is your wedding the only wedding booked for that wedding planners’ day?
When you do consider to hire your wedding planner, you must sign a contract that spells out everything – the duties, the cost, the responsibilities, and provisions if you decide to cancel the contract.
A good wedding planner is not only a great organizer, but is a fount of useful information, experienced with problem solving, has a great sense of style and aesthetics, and has the skills and patience for the occasional peace-making needs.
If you want to make your pre-wedding day life more relaxed and can afford the services of a wedding planner, you should absolutely hire one. Your wedding day is going to be one of the most memorable days of your life and you will be able to enjoy it so much better if you don’t have to worry about any of the details.
Concentrate on your special day, and what it means to you and your fiancé. Take it easy and have a wonderful day.
"Learn More: AmbiSuite is a complete wedding suite, providing quality event planning and award winning Denver wedding photographers. AmbiSuite is located in Denver, Colorado and provides its services globally. For more information on AmbiSuite services and packages please visit ambiSuite.com and please consider booking your services in advance as AmbiSuite can only serve on a first come bases."